Cities and metropolitan areas are major contributors to national economies and play a key role in global markets. At a time of increasing international competition for investment, metropolitan regions have become the targets of a wide range of public interventions. Urban issues are increasingly prominent on development agendas.
ARP’s work on urban development seeks to address a range of issues – from managing urban expansion and congestion to fostering competitiveness, innovation, social inclusion and environmental sustainability.
More than half of the world’s population now lives in cities. This share is projected to keep growing, even in OECD countries
References of ARP and its founders:
- Preparation of the İstanbul Metropolitan Plan (urban plans for Şile and Beykoz Districts and Villages)
- Istanbul Tourism Master Plan
- Socio-economic analysis of the ancient peninsula as an input for the urban transformation studies in Istanbul.
- Urla, Çeşme, Karaburun Peninsula National Ideas Competition 2nd Prize, 2008 (Sustainable, historical and cultural development)
- Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Ideas for Pedestrian Crossovers (Competition, 3rd Prize, 2009, Istanbul)
- Selimiye Mosque and its Surroundings National Urban Design Competition
- Afyonkarahisar Cumhuriyet Square and its Surroundings National Design Idea Competition
- Modifications made to City Plans of Diyarbakır, Batman, Istanbul (Bakırköy, Eyüp, Fatih, Küçükçekmece)
- Consultancy for Land Development for tourism enterprises in İstanbul
- Market research and best land use research for a private land development company in İstanbul
- Market research and best land use research for an old factory building and its plot in Eskişehir
- Technical Assistance for Mitigating Flood Risk in Flooded Areas in the GAP Region (GAP-SEL)
- Preparation of the methodology for data analysis and presentation.
- Preparation of a flood-risk map for the GAP region and a user’s manual
- Preparation of a mid-term action plan for GAP region.
- Support to the development and implementation of the pilot project in Bismil
- Assistance in the conceptualization of a follow up project.
- H2020 Research and Innovation Action (RIA) CUTLER (Coastal Urban Development through the Lenses of Resiliency; project ref. number: 770469)
- Review documentation about the public administration legislation
- Review internal procedural documentation, the working processes of its public administration and distribution of roles relevant for CUTLER action in the pilot city partner Antalya
- Conduct personal interviews with representatives of the public administration